The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  basic question: rolling over 401K to Roth IRA Date:  2/17/2011  2:08 AM
Author:  bluemoth Number:  112319 of 127638

I rolled over last December a small 401K account from a previous employer into a rollover IRA, and then to a Roth IRA. I assume I have to pay taxes on the amount rolled over into the Roth IRA. Where on the 1040 form do I have to add this amount? Am I supposed to wait to get a form from the investment firm where I had my 401K?

Thank you very much in advance for any help
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us