The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-wish-i-didnt-still-see-some-really-crappy-29127852.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Should Child Support Be Used For Court Date:  2/24/2011  10:27 AM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  301163 of 308349

I just wish I didn't still see some really crappy "parents" who try to divorce the kids as well as the former spouse.

Yes, but you can't be your brother's keeper forever. I stayed awake many nights hoping and praying that I wouldn't have to bury my daughter - It was pretty bad. I didn't have time to think about somebody else' children - I had my own plate pretty full.

One day my daughter approached me in the office where I work and asked for $40. I was pretty sure that she wanted to buy drugs with it, as she didn't furnish a reasonable explanation for needing it. I told her I didn't have it. She cursed me. I slapped her face. She charged at me swinging her fists. I grabbed her wrists, swept her feet from under her and gently laid her on the floor. She went into a panic attack and my coworkers furnished her with a brown paper bag to breath into to help relieve that experience. My employer suggested that I leave and meet with him at a local tavern later. She went to the nearby local police station and asked to press charges against me for battery. The police called the tavern that I went to meet my employer and asked the owner, a former policeman, his opinion. The police on duty advised my daughter that they would file the matter and sent her on her way. She went to the tavern, embraced me and cried on my shoulder. I assured her that it would be OK. I haven't experienced a similar instance since and I really enjoy cooking with her when she comes to visit - times I live for. I talked with her fiance a couple of days ago about going fishing and kayaking with me this Spring - He seemed up for it, and I look forward to it: http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r4/coffeen.htm

Bob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us