The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/drtarr-and-guys-wow-just-wow-i-will-be-working-29138931.aspx

Subject:  Re: Leveraged investing Date:  3/1/2011  1:22 AM
Author:  StockNewb Number:  68576 of 75539

Dr.Tarr and guys, wow, just wow.

I will be working on picking funds over the next little while, very interesting with the leveraged funds. Using leveraged funds in a levered account could be interesting. Or hmm use the Levered funds in the non-levered portfolio (My TFSA) due to margin calls, then use the slow and steady funds/stocks in the levered account and have an ultra safe haven for my gains.

Ok I have a lot to pore over for the next couple weeks even before I pick funds. I will be using backtest.org to cheat on making those spreadsheets if I can. I am not sure how high I should shoot for, for my gains. but I will keep it conservative. low p/e valuation's makes sense to me, but I may need to look at the support behind the funds too i.e how many people are buying/selling it and any news that can show why...

ok im just rambling and thinking out loud. Trying to figure out my diversification will be hard, since I dont have any real handle on it and I have such a small portfolio. I will probably just poke around here and slowly grow into an aggressive portfolio that suits me i.e when i start margin trading around $5,000 in capital, I will only have enough capital for 4 or 5 positions and as i gain more capital ill keep diversifying. I should probably map out how I want to expand and as I get gains ill siphon them off into those classes...

ok gotta go I write these things down in a book to help me think, so i better go do that. I will try to get another handle on how to pull this and come back at you guys in a bit. maybe with some fund picks.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us