The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: royalty to earned income Date:  3/16/2011  1:46 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  112755 of 123001

can anyone think of a way to convert some royalty income to earned so it can be placed in ROTH 403s or similar.

Royalty income is not earned income, and cannot be 'converted' to earned income. However, if the couple is employed and eligible for retirement plans through their employment, they can use royalty income for living expenses and contribute employment income to the retirement plans. Additionally, if there is earned income from em