The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dash-if-i-have-to-go-to-community-college-for-2-29186544.aspx

Subject:  Re: How we raise our children Date:  3/21/2011  8:47 PM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  301471 of 308881

Dash: ‘If I have to go to community college for 2 years I’ll do that, then transfer to a 4 year college and use the money you’ve saved. Maybe I’ll go into the military and they’ll pay for my college.’

If he starts out at a community college, he will need to check that the credits will transfer to the 4-year college that he chooses - not all will.

Boy, I am glad that I got college out of the way many monns ago!! My first year, cost $80.50 per quarter for a full load. By the time I graduated, the cost had increased to $111. I think the cost is around 30-40 times that now, 40 years later. Yes, the college was accredited <g>... I landed offers to work for Price Waterhouse, Touche Ross and a couple of other International CPA firms - It blew my mind how challenging working for one of these firms would prove... Sleep, what's that? Pressure, what's that - "We hired 40 people last year. 12 are left."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us