The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/because-she-does-not-want-to-recognize-the-reality-29201281.aspx

Subject:  Re: Real Estate investing a smart move Date:  3/28/2011  4:20 PM
Author:  fun2bretired Number:  68753 of 76397

Because she does not want to recognize the reality of the marketplace.

Well, that's entirely possible but YOU try telling my 76 year old mother that the piece of real estate she's been pinning her hopes of a cushy retirement on for the past 10-15 years may not be all-dat...

Just sharing, my mom was 84 sat on commerical property all her life, with my father 87 still living, and boy...I really feel your pain. There was no way to convince my parents,that their $900.00 investment in 80's,which was offered 210k 2000, was really only worth 25k in 2010 from the same person who offered 210k, different market and they knew my parents were old and they would wait it out.

On top of that my mom suffered from dementia and couldn't understand really too much.

Market, market, market, I made money with GM before the crash, but suffered with Cisco,

There is no easy way to convince your parents, and I'm still dealing with the problem with my dad. The only thing, is patience, and keep trying.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us