The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/any-way-of-knowing-whetherhow-the-later-updates-29217308.aspx

Subject:  Re: now that it's April.. Date:  4/4/2011  7:13 PM
Author:  0x6a74 Number:  112966 of 121219

any way of knowing whether/how the later Updates make a material difference?

Updates usually come with a "read_me" file that says what's being updated. If you scrounge around on their website you might be able to find a history for this year's program.

yes ..lazy me never looks at them />:

There were two widely-publicized situations that required post-January releases this year. The first was those things affected by the delayed finalization of 2010 law, e.g., Schedule A. That one came out in mid-February IIRC

ouch . sched A isn't exactly obscure.. maybe waiting till March is always safe?

I use TaxAct and make use of the automatic update option, so every time I open the program it updates. If I do see an update I open my return to see if the numbers change. I think you can safely assume now that no more changes are coming, so give it one last look and fuggedabowdit.

sounds like A Plan ...file in late Feb, check updates in April, read read_mes, and if numbers differ or something important in read-me, PANIC

thanks ........

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us