The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Law Enforcement Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/graduation-gifts-29220739.aspx

Subject:  Graduation Gifts Date:  4/6/2011  7:31 AM
Author:  TheBreeze Number:  155 of 157

Son #1 is graduating college with a dual degree in Criminal Justice and Sociology. He's interviewing with the local police between here and the college town, plus the state police.

Everyone's going to be asking for ideas for graduation gifts. I don't think any new firearms would be a good idea, because whatever force he ends up on will have their own preference/mandate as to what the officers carry, right?

So, what kinds of stuff can I suggest to people who want to know what to get their nephew/grandson/whatever? I think some of them would have almost a money-is-no-object mentality (not that they want to waste money on a gold-plated doughnut holder, but if the "right" bullet-proof vest is more expensive than an entry-level model, they'd want him to have the best one).

I'd almost say he could get an untraceable "drop piece," but that just shows you how all I know about police comes from TV and movies.

Thanks!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us