The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Interior Design/Decorating

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hummm-no-comments-well-posting-an-update-i-29231536.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rugs Date:  4/11/2011  1:09 PM
Author:  mudman90039 Number:  4626 of 4657

Hummm no comments. Well posting an update; I finally got to install the landscape around the building. This last cool wet winter in LA was perfect for establishing a garden. Landlady's side is shade garden and front in CA natives mostly so we'll save money on watering. This spring the little plants are spreading out beautifully with flowers popping. It was not only gratifying to do good but gets me out of the apartment. Talking with her yesterday she says she comes out every morning to see the garden and is happy it's so beautiful. My basis of design was to research for best plants and not get anything that would mature too big. Other goal was plants for humming birds and butterflies. I now see 2 hummers buzzing around, one came up to my face 3 weeks ago. They must be a pair, and I know they're very territorial.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us