The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: New to Investing at 58 Date:  4/11/2011  10:03 PM
Author:  op456op Number:  68871 of 88772

I assume the MM fund is a rollover IRA. I recommend you see a Fee-ONLY financial planner through The Garrett Network. The only fee they get is what they charge you. They get no commission, kick-back or other fees to steer you to high fee funds. They are working for you.

The Fool has an arrangement with <participating> Garrett advisors for a 10% discount. It will be the best $2-3000 dollars you INVEST out of your funds. Check their site out and see if there is a advisor near you.

I'm partial to Vanguard ETF's for my "safe money" (recommended through a Garrett planner) but am also a Stock Advisor member and have been very successful following their strategy. I'm recently retired.

Another fee-only organization is NAPFA but I believe are more expensive:

However, their website has lots of good information. Here's their FAQ page:

IMHO, free advise is worth what you pay for it.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us