The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Aging Optimistically

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-only-reason-i-would-the-origination-of-the-29234440.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: What do people do in retirement? Date:  4/12/2011  5:17 PM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  35 of 74

The only reason I would the origination of the problem, is because someone else on another board pointed it out to me.

Now, we are all straight.

I wish more people would frequent this Board. Maybe a lot of people aren't as optimistic as we are. I don't have a lot of money, but do know how to manage it, and enjoy life, without taking any money out of my "retirement savings". Unfortunately, I did not start saving for retirement until the age of 47, when I was introduced to the 401(k). I am still, through my SEP-IRA (SubS corporation) contributing money into the SEP. The stocks in the SEP, I converted to a ROTH in 2010 to take advantage of the ability to pay taxes on it over a period of 2 years starting in tax year 2011. When I get older and cannot work parttime as I am now, I don't want to worry about taxes in the RMD. As it is now, I will be taking just a tad out of the SEP when I turn 70-1/2 (4 years from now), but the SEP will be all cash. Hopefully, I can take that piddling amount of money and place it in my ROTH for a rainy day.

In any event, I am having a ball....traveling with friends, visiting friends all over the USA, and hopefully, next year, going to southern Japan to see my former roommmate.

Life is good!!!

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us