The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Depreciation Date:  4/19/2011  9:16 PM
Author:  MarinBMWZ4 Number:  113226 of 127613

I would go with this: if the repair is a "simple" and isolated repair: i.e. replace a lamp and switch, etc. I would expense it for the tax year of the expense. If you are rewiring the whole house I would depreciate it. I suspect the depreciation schedule would be the same as for the home, not like it is for the fridge or dishwasher.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us