The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/charliebonds-again-maybe-im-late-to-the-party-29267959.aspx

Subject:  Re: EMZ - liquidity now Date:  4/28/2011  8:13 PM
Author:  joelcorley Number:  32779 of 35343

charliebonds,

Again, maybe I'm late to the party here, but...

You wrote, Setting aside for now how each of us characterizes the supposed interest paid (with you equating an "interest credit" as the same as interest actually paid and received)...

That seems to be misquoting aj485.

Also, there is nothing supposed about the interest paid. aj485 and I both hold a number of exchange traded debt securities like EMZ. They do exactly as she says. They pay interest every month, quarter, semiannually or whenever they say they do.

Trading flat just means the issuer doesn't expect the exchange to require the seller to hand over a separate amount for interest. The price the shares were sold / purchased at includes any expectation of interest you might have had - there will be no separate partial interest payment - unlike the cr*p they do with bonds. The description is all there in the prospectus if you care to read it and parse the legalese.

-------------------------------------------------

The rest of this stuff where you confuse aj485 (my girlfriend, BTW) with LordXot because you're too busy responding rather than reading and understanding what's being said is just too funny!!! (Though I know she didn't think so at the time ...)

- Joel
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us