The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Illinois

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-also-might-try-an-illinois-drivers-services-29312576.aspx

Subject:  Re: Here's a business opportunity Date:  5/21/2011  9:20 AM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  1032 of 1040

You also might try an Illinois Drivers Services Facility - The places where you take tests for your driver's license and can obtain vehicle registration plates, etc. I owned an insurance agency across the parking lot from one. An insured once asked me, when I told her about the 5% discount (State mandated since the late 70s/early 80s) where she could take such a course, I called the facility and they told me where the nearest class was provided - in Caseyville, IL, at the time.

Incidentally, should you buy a vehicle, you can pay the Illinois Sales/Use tax, title and registration fees and receive permanent plates on the spot without additional charge at the "full service" facility located at 19th and Edison in Granite City, IL. I figured it wasn't worth my time, work and expense to become a licensed Illinois Remittance Agent, when one was so close, didn't charge a "for profit" fee and issued permanent plates on the spot. Illinois DNR (Department of Natural Resources) offers online fishing and hunting licenses. It's pretty tough to make money as an Illinois Remittance Agent, unless you have access to a significant client base that is pretty lacking in research abilities, or an interest (or the time it takes) to learn and apply the ability to research.

Bob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us