The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-sounds-like-a-wonderful-place-i-love-the-29329826.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement Locations Date:  5/31/2011  1:22 AM
Author:  MichaelRead Number:  17196 of 19741

It sounds like a wonderful place. I love the ocean too, grew up going to Jones Beach on Long Island practically every weekend. When I was raising my own family, we rented a friend's sloop for a week's sailing trip every summer (out of Narragansett Bay). We still love visiting small seaside towns, soaking in the ambiance, enjoying the local seafood, poking into any maritime-related museums/visitors centers, walking along the docks and inspecting the boats and listening to the gulls. OK, now I need to plan a seaside jaunt in NYC next weekend!

Astroemeria

White Rock’s main drag is Marine Drive and from East Beach to West Beach it’s wall-to-wall dining. Sure, a few shops selling clothing but mostly restaurants ranging from tablecloths in West Beach to fish-n-chips in newspaper in East Beach.

Way back when White Rock was a small seaside town where families would spend the summer in cottages and there would be a Friday night Daddy Train bringing home husbands wo