The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/errr-how-is-that-different-from-their-current-29376491.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Fool Phone App Date:  6/23/2011  11:06 AM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  85666 of 88919

errr ... how is that different from their current app?

Sorry. I was referring to their rumored app for the iPad. They already have an app for the iphone and android. Presumably the iPad app will have much more functionality and many more options than the iPhone app, which is basically a reader, although with some effort you can write messages, too.

People have wondered why Facebook wasn't front and center with an iPad app, given that they were among the first to have one for the iPhone. I think the answer speaks for itself: the original was optimized for the tiny screen, and it served as a placeholder for iPad users until something better was designed for the larger tablet screen.

But at least they're in the game. The Fool has taken what, four years to release a phone app, and then it's not interactive and doesn't include the boards? As a daily user of the Fool, no, I haven't downloaded it. I don't need to read "their headlines". I'm here for the boards and not much else. (Occasionally they will hook me with something, but it's not that often.) Meanwhile they have started up another set of boards entirely (CAPS) and don't have an app for that either? Yet they have the time to monitor that, program an entirely different code base, different formatting and the rest, but not get it into "mobile" either?

Weird.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us