The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Single Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-well-adjusted-and-normal-but-nowhere-near-29407153.aspx

Subject:  Re: Are there any... Date:  7/11/2011  12:20 PM
Author:  whafa Number:  32833 of 32852

I'm well adjusted and normal, but nowhere near Tulsa, and not dating anymore either, sorry! The older you get the fewer choices you have, so if you want to date or find a "relationship" of whatever sort, you have to lower your expectations accordingly, IMHO. So the older you get, mid-to-late 30's and above, the more slightly bipolar and imbalanced you have to be willing to put up with to get anywhere past the casual dating stage. So while you're young, 20's, choose wisely who you waste any amount of time with!

Here's how I look at it.....After 30, the best ones are taken. After 40, some, a very few, of the good ones come back on the market b/c they chose wrong to begin with and are now able to get out of bad marriages/relationships b/c the kids are grown. I think the 50's will be similar (Still experiencing the 40's myself!) but maybe with a few more options, and by the 60's more of the good ones will start coming back on the market as their partners start dropping off. After 70, well, why bother, it's only about companionship anyway, to alleviate loneliness and boredom, and who wants to deal with all the health issues of the elderly anyway?

Color me cynical, but good luck!

Maybe for women this is true, but for men the pool of eligible women increases well into our 30s because there are more younger women available. It probably increases into our 40s as well. I'll tell you in 10 years!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us