The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Harry Potter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/oh-go-see-it-the-audience-tonight-on-our-3d-29417349.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone seen the final movie yet? Date:  7/15/2011  11:51 PM
Author:  Fuskie Number:  3110 of 3162

Oh go see it. The audience tonight on our 3D showing was really into it. As far as 3D goes, they did a good job. Sometimes when movies are largely dark/at night, 3D doesn't work too well but Yates did a good job adding depth without resorting to cheap tricks.

Second, there are moments where the literary faithful will cringe, but if you've seen the last 7 movies, you are prepared for that. Just be prepared to like it anyway and you will really enjoy this movie. My only complaint is that they went for the dramatic excitement of an action thriller instead of the emotional drama of a well crafted suspense thriller. All the critical elements were there, but I just didn't feel the payoff.

Then again, maybe it's just me. This was a really really good movie, maybe even an excellent movie. Just not a really excellent movie.

Fuskie
Who notes there were three moments toward the end of the movie where the audience spontaneously erupted into applause, and he bets you can guess when they were...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us