The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Harry Potter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/both-of-our-kids-took-breaks-of-different-lengths-29420923.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone seen the final movie yet? Date:  7/18/2011  3:22 PM
Author:  SvenHoek Number:  3118 of 3162

Both of our kids took breaks of different lengths after we finished books w/ them where they thought they couldn't take any more intensity, but our 10 yr old eventually powered through and finished them all, on his own, and our 6 yr old, after a lengthy post-Chamber of Secrets break, has us back on a big push (~200 pages into Goblet of Fire, still no goblet yet). Each book w/ her we think she will take another break but then she goes and gets the next one.

They are both avoiding the movies post Chamber, they don't really want to see what they read (or had read to them).

What a coincidence! We're just past the first task in Goblet of Fire with my 6yo daughter. There are times when we take a break because she gets distracted with another book or activity but eventually she asks for Harry Potter again. As for the movies, she would sit and watch them all at once if we let her but until recently I think the movies past Chamber of Secrets have been too mature (scary-wise) for her. At the pace we're reading at now I figure she'll be ready for each movie by the time we finish reading the corresponding book. We'll see.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us