The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/do-i-read-you-correctlyyou-regularly-sit-down-29428687.aspx

Subject:  Re: Watching your money! Date:  7/21/2011  10:05 PM
Author:  BruceCM Number:  69308 of 75616

Do I read you correctly....you regularly sit down with your "broker"? Do you also sit down with your local car salesman on a regular basis?

Brokers are paid and incentivized to trade your account to generate trading commissions and to sell you as many financial products as they can convince you to buy while clearing FINRA guidelines for NOT being UNSUITABLE.

Having a stock broker manage your retirement accounts is like a farmer paying a fox to guard his chickens.

I would strongly suggest you rethink this strategy before its too late. If investment advice is what you want, hire a fee-only registered investment advisor, holding the CFA or CFP designation....or better yet, find an RIA at the Garrett Financial Advisors Network website. These advisors work only on an hourly or limited 'assets under management' fee system.

BruceM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us