The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks R / Royal Caribbean Cruises

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-norm-thanks-for-the-reply-and-insight-ive-29510277.aspx

Subject:  Re: Insider Trading and Upgrades (RCL) Date:  8/30/2011  2:29 AM
Author:  Raylanw Number:  485 of 489

Hey Norm,

Thanks for the reply and insight. I've been on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few times and I've been on those of their competitors as well. My family unanimously agrees that RCL was the best of the lot, which sparked my interest in this stock.

I wasn't aware that the stock hit 5.70...but it does make sense. Travel and leisure would get hurt the most in a recession logically I guess...but I'm holding this stock for 3+ years at least and I think it can do quite well in that time frame.

I actually read Lynch's other book and I just bought the book you referred on Amazon. Looking forward to it if it's anything like One Up on Wall Street! I had no idea that RCL had a shareholder benefit like that. Increases my incentive to do some "research". I'll take a look at Darded as well.

Thanks for the help, Norm! Looks like you're a regular on the RCL board. I'll let you know if any interesting news pops up.

-Ray
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us