The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Economy and Markets

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hedge-my-wife-and-i-recently-went-to-see-the-movie-29522825.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pretty Girls and Bad Drivers Date:  9/5/2011  12:54 PM
Author:  brucedoe Number:  10529 of 10556

Hedge

My wife and I recently went to see the movie "The Help" at a multiplex theater (A very good movie, by the way, and people applauded after the movie ended.). We had to stand in a line of around 50 people to buy our tickets that were $8 each for senior citizens. I looked back when we had our tickets and the line was still about 50 people long. So we went to the concession counter where there were a lot of people but also a lot of servers and got a medium pop corn ($7 and I would call it large) and a small soda ($5). Cost total was $28 to see the movie. There were many getting much more at the concession counter than us. And of course, if you weren't s senior citizen, the tickets cost more too.

My point is that for all the economic pain people are suffering these days there are a lot of people living it up at places like theaters.

brucdoe
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us