The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-replies-going-to-currently-reduce-29523024.aspx

Subject:  Re: investing for retirement!! Date:  9/5/2011  3:27 PM
Author:  chuck9899 Number:  69537 of 76112

Thanks for the replies.

Going to currently reduce my TSP contribution to 6% just over the 5$ match. This should drop my Bi-weekly contribution to 125ish and give me about 350 extra a month to pay off the credit card. Credit card is at 8.9% APR. This should give me about 550 i can allocate a month to debt repayment.

This week i plan on starting an emergency fund as well. Taking $500 to open up a bank account and direct depositing $50 a paycheck. Just so i have cash on hand for car problems or anything that might arise.

I guess i been too caught up with investing and need to get a few things prioritized first.

Also any comments on that Ten year gap between retirement and taking money out of IRA,TSP and then social security. Would buying good dividend stocks starting in a few years when i get a raise do the job of income for those 10-12 years.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us