The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Stocks L / Level 3 Communications
|Subject: Guaranteed loser idea ...||Date: 9/7/2011 12:42 AM|
|Author: razorfangius||Number: 21977 of 21992|
for people who need a tax write-off this year or next.
Sandstorm Metals and Energy (STTYF).
1. Run by a golden boy with minor cult status
2. Late to the commodities game
3. Applying a model that worked well in the past due to flukey conditions to a totally different and less favorable situation
4. Basic game plan is to hand cold cash over to loser third-tier mining companies and hope you get something back manana.
5. Protection as a creditor seems pretty ... not good. If the loser mining companies bomb out, too bad.
6. Most of the companies STTYF has made deals with have seen their shares prices drop afterwards like the anti-raisins they are.
Yes I own this. I expect to get a lesson on the limitations of volumetric pricing models.
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|