The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Parenting Teens and Young Adults


Subject:  Re: Studying abroad - what do they need? Date:  9/28/2011  2:11 AM
Author:  tconi Number:  2095 of 2332

sometimes one-way flights are more expensive than RT, so I've sometimes booked RT and just skipped the 2nd leg; .

SOme Airlines have caught onto this, and if you do not use or reschedule that second leg, there is a fairly hefty additional charge ($200-$300)that will be placed upon whatever CC you used to book your flight.

If you are going to try this be SURE to read carefully for the cancellation/non use of the complete ticket policy. Sometimes that additional fee still makes it significantly less expensive than a one-way.

also- YES to the money and any important documents in the front pocket
Here is my little pickpocket story

peace & just saying

Also - i will add my general travel reminder to both scan and store on the internet (or in email) pdfs of all her important documents (school ID, driver's license, birth certificate, passport)
That way if something happens to her ID, all she needs is an internet cafe/school printer and having a copy of the originals will make the replacement process so much easier. Because all the encessary info will be right there (date of issue, number, etc)
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us