The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Parenting Teens and Young Adults


Subject:  Re: Studying abroad - what do they need? Date:  9/28/2011  10:25 AM
Author:  YewGuise Number:  2096 of 2302

SOme Airlines have caught onto this, and if you do not use or reschedule that second leg, there is a fairly hefty additional charge...


...general travel reminder to both scan and store on the internet (or in email) pdfs of all her important documents (school ID, driver's license, birth certificate, passport) ...

We scanned DS's documents, but due to security concerns stored them on our PC at home. If he needed any, we could email them to him then. Not that email is secure (which is why we don't do the email-to-self of sensitive info in the first place), but the risk is low, so the fewer the emails, the lower the risk.

YG, risk minimizer
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us