The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-annoyed-at-bank-of-america-right-now-for-29571071.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bank of America annoyance Date:  9/28/2011  10:39 PM
Author:  kahunacfa Number:  303132 of 308349

So annoyed at Bank of America right now.

For several years, we had our bank accounts there. However, a few months ago we switched to someone else. We had had their highest tiered checking and savings accounts for no fee because we had a mortgage there. But, we recently sold that house. We decided to leave $3000 at BOA which was what you needed to have for a checking account with no fee. We've had that account for about 3 months.

I just noticed that on the brand new statement they just charged us a $25 monthly fee. I went and looked at their current checking accounts and now they have an account that is no interest and no fee if you keep $1500 in it or you can get one with interest that has no fee if you keep $10000 in it.

What is supremely annoying is that they apparently changed our account to the $10000 minimum requirement to avoid a fee rather than change to the $1500 minimum requirement to avoid a fee. I even went back and double checked each statement I've received to make sure they didn't say anything about the change.
- determinedmom | Date: 9/25/2011 3:57:28 AM | Number: 303131

Bank of America is EVIL, IMHO. I used to have a Bank of America Visa card three or four decades ago. Now, I only use American Express(R) cards.

Kahuna, CFA
Venture Capital
Portfolio Manager
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us