The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/res-im-so-sorry-about-your-health-problem-and-29648220.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Theme... Date:  11/4/2011  7:41 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  17415 of 19483

Res, I'm so sorry about your health problem and hope you can find improvement soon via transplant or something new from research.

Back when I thought my days were numbered (that I would live to maybe 70-75 and with worsening health en route), we decided to get our overseas travel accomplished in our 40s & 50s. Now we go go RVing, which makes it easier for me to pace myself and rest. And my health improved a lot and the prognosis looks more like 75-80 now, almost normal but alas, my husband is deteriorating faster now. Gather ye rosebuds/make hay and all that!

I've never been particularly motivated by leaving a family legacy. I just don't want to be a burden. Without LTCI, I am a little worried. But we always figured my strong as an ox husband would take care of me. Now that it looks like my weak as a kitten self will be caring for him, I sure wish I'd gotten him LTCI when he would've qualified for it (I already couldn't have by the time I ever learned of such a product). And I wish I could afford to help pay for Montesssori school for my grandson, but we are losing $ just having me live in NYC to babysit during his first 2 years.

Speaking of which, gotta bust a move as DD has a 9am class in Fridays so I need to shower, get my lunch & backpack ready, and haul on over.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us