The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Interior Design/Decorating

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-doesnt-make-sense-why-he-would-put-a-taller-29660706.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tile Question Date:  11/10/2011  12:13 PM
Author:  MIKE3260 Number:  4634 of 4657

It doesn't make sense why he would put a taller piece up, maybe to bridge the gap from the bottom of the door?? But why not attach a threshold on the tile, which should have been laid to the end? It's got to look ridiculous. He should redo it correctly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It does look ridiculous. When the front door opens, there is about a 2" drop from the tile to the concrete. My thoughts are the same in that there should be a threshold attached, but I cannot find any pictures showing what the correct way it should look like. I'm sure the installer didn't want to cut the door, so it was done that way. I don't understand why the installer didn't use the same tile for that filler strip instead of a strip of marble that doesn't match. I think the owner will want it done over, but I would like to have some pictures to show.

Thanks,
Mike
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us