The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanksgiving-quotsidesquot-29664985.aspx

Subject:  Thanksgiving "Sides" Date:  11/12/2011  8:01 PM
Author:  czarinav Number:  21184 of 21259

I am attending, again, a potluck Thanksgiving dinner. It is usually pretty heavy on the carbs and fat and sweets, so I always volunteer to contribute vegtables. I've done assorted beets in balsamic vinegar sauce, roasted root vegtables, sauteed brussel sprouts, a more healthful version of the green-bean casserole and pearl onions and peas in a cream sauce (only once by special request).

I am running out of ideas, even tho I'm looking at various recipe websites. Can you help with some interesting vegtable recipies for the Thanksgiving meal?

Only consideration is that the oven at the venue is off-limits because it is full of turkey and ham. I will have to prepare the veggies ahead of time and reheat either on the stove top or in a microwave. (Time between leaving home and having the meal is about two hours.)

Please share your holiday veggie recipes with me. I'm crossposting with Gestalt of Cooking and the other food site on TMF. Thanks!!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us