The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthe-insurance-carriers-can-squeeze-a-6-8-29800414.aspx

Subject:  Re: How to make your own annuity on the cheap Date:  1/24/2012  1:56 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  69997 of 86433

"The insurance carriers can squeeze a 6-8% safe yield* out of their bond and dividend portfolio"

No, they cannot. For new money it simply does not exist.

Sure they can, and it does. The financials are audited & public, you can look them up.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that I am wrong by half of the low end range... and the best carriers only get 3% safe yield on their principal guaranteed portfolios. that still gives them an option budget that will *TRIPLE* the upside capture power of a DIY plan on a 1% CD.

Having said that, I have had direct talks with the trading desks, and reviewed the financials, at the 3 best performing IUL companies I'm aware of, and they are all getting 6.5% - 6.9% yields or better on new money, today.

Its doable. I'm not saying its *EASY* for a DIY'er... but its doable, and it *IS* being done.

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us