The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-think-you-understand-what-you-are-29801354.aspx

Subject:  Re: How to make your own annuity on the cheap Date:  1/24/2012  7:46 PM
Author:  brewer12345 Number:  70018 of 86385

I don't think you understand what you are referencing. If IULs "lack flexibility" in your perspective, please bring *anything* forward that provides equivalent results with greater flexibility (let alone lower costs.)

Everyone here seems to be against it... yet nobody can provide a comparable alternative...

Why is that, I wonder?

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

See the blog I linked in the original post for a reasonable alternative.

As for a lack of flexibility, the ridiculous expense table you posted says it all. The reduction in expense ratio makes it painfully clear that the unfortunate buyer of these products gets banged in the bake-hole with enormous costs in the early years of their "investment" and it takes 30 or 40 years to approach Vanguard-like expense ratios because it takes that long to overcome the ridiculous up front costs of this nonsense.

I think the commissions are clogging your ears, Dave.
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us