The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Recovery in AA/NA

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-issues-with-what-was-done-here-as-do-i-29817891.aspx

Subject:  Re: The things you have to do... Date:  2/1/2012  9:02 AM
Author:  AlsoChorizo Number:  915 of 945

I have issues with what was done here.

As do I. This is not what I wanted to do, but after discussing it with a number of other addicts (including one who is a program counselor), it seemed the only way to get admitted. The rules for a lot of these rehab and detox programs are really getting ridiculous. I figure it has to do with the fact that many of them are directed by earth people (or lawyers) so they don't understand.

I think the active part of me would use it if I wanted to relapse

This is precisely why I called and kept in contact with people in my network all day. A couple of them also offered to help with the mess and if I had said the word they would have been there right away. At the time I felt the conscious contact so I was ok in that respect. It was exhausting but in the long run I think it was for the best.

As an update - she's been calling every day and is grateful I was able to help her get admitted. She's also transferred to a treatment program from the detox center.

AC *hoping for the best*
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us