The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Crafty Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/looking-for-input-on-new-sewing-machine-29826373.aspx

Subject:  looking for input on new sewing machine Date:  2/4/2012  4:11 PM
Author:  2gifts Number:  7246 of 7313

I've started to get a stepping motor error on my sewing machine which is a 21-year old New Home Memory Craft 8000. I'm thinking that this is probably the machine hinting that it might be dying soon, so I thought I should start on my research in case I have to replace it sooner rather than later.

I'd be interested in knowing what other folks use for sewing machines, and what criteria you recommend I consider for choosing a new one. What features do people like or wish they had? What do you have that you don't use? Any suggestions for places for me to look to research the various machines?

I do tend to do more utilitarian sewing and not so much things that are creative. I've used the embroidery capabilities on my machine a handful of times, so I wouldn't miss not having that, and won't buy a machine for its embroidery capabilities. I do a lot of sewing and quilting.

Anyone have any advice? I'd love to hear from folks.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us