The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Dependent claim for divorced parents Date:  2/6/2012  6:58 PM
Author:  gsgreen Number:  114985 of 127747

The very general default position is that the custodial parent gets the deduction. Then, the most time during the year.
These are very general positions, but there is an (intricate) guideline in Pub 17 for other possible scenarios.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us