The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-again-joel-youve-given-good-food-for-29865163.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone ever fought a debt lawsuit? Date:  2/22/2012  9:05 PM
Author:  DufusGoneSplat Number:  304546 of 308782

Thanks again Joel. You've given good food for thought.

But in small claims court (even in Colorado apparently) there is no discovery process.

Maybe I'm wrong. SeattlePioneer replied with something making me re-think if it's small claims. I only had the Court Rules the Plaintiff kept referencing to go by, and they were titled County Court Civil Procedure - maybe it's not small claims. Anyway, there is discovery, and I'm delighted with the lack of evidence they intend to produce. That is part of the reason I think I have a great case - they don't have much in terms of proof - even against the ex-SIL.

If it goes beyond pre-trial, I expect there will be a couple, perhaps several weeks before the trial date. Hopefully, if I need it, an attorney can just step in with short notice. I've already done much of the leg work.

Oh - I forgot to mention - I did file a complaint with Colorado AG in regard to their violations of CFDCPA. It's nice to think it might inconvenience the Plaintiff, if nothing else.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us