The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Nondeductible -> Roth conversion question Date:  3/7/2012  3:00 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  115389 of 127613

Doesn't the rollover have to be done before the end of 2011 to go on the 2011 tax forms?

A rollover can begin in one tax year and be completed in the next as long as it's within the 60-day window. However, we weren't talking about rollovers, we were talking about conversions. Conversions are taxable in the year they begin.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us