The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Retirement Funding without 401K or Roth Date:  3/9/2012  12:13 AM
Author:  ptheland Number:  70316 of 78166

If you form your own "company" and run your freelance work through the company

You can't just form a "company". To get away from the W2 treatment by their current employers, they would need to form a corporation, or an LLC and elect to be taxed as a corporation.

Then their current employers would need to agree to pay their corporation for the services of t