The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/no-it-was-quotsuspicious-blacksquot-i-29936366.aspx

Subject:  Re: Black Friend Defends Zimmerman Date:  3/26/2012  3:01 PM
Author:  Colovion Number:  1762196 of 1961652

No. It was "suspicious Blacks"

I imagine you'd have to listen to the transcripts of all 49 calls (or however many there were) to be sure of that, knock yourself out eh!

You were there or are you just inventing things. The kid was walking home talking on the phone. What reason did he have to be "furtive" or is being Black being furtive in your eyes as well?.

It was his perception, don't ask me.

No. The scuffle started during the verbal exchange. Zimmerman asked the kid who are you. The kid asked him why he was following him and then the phone drops. Zimmerman lied about being jumped.

So the phone could have only dropped if Zimmerman jumped Martin, but not if Martin jumped Zimmerman. Huh, I didn't know physics worked like that. You learn something new every day. Is this selective gravity effect purely race-based or was Trayvon a wizard?

That the guy that killed your kid has a previous arrest for assaulting a cop and the police just lied to you about it?

Erroneous information gets out all of the time. That's why it's better to say nothing than say something you misunderstand. Perhaps he was referring to convictions and not the record, I don't know I wasn't there. But it's a detail that, in the grand scheme of things, is irrelevant anyway. Obviously it wasn't serious enough for him to get a concealed carry license.

Assume the phone was completely destroyed. How hard would it be for the police to identify the owner of the sim card?

On the scene? Impossible. Back at base? Depends on what kind of equipment they have in-house, if the people who run it were on duty (if they had it) or if they had to call the carrier if they needed a warrant first (you'd be surprised how unhelpful cellphone providers are without warrants and/or subpoenas)... again, don't believe everything you see on CSI. All that crap is made up. In real life this stuff takes days or weeks (maybe months!) to happen, no seconds. You think your local police pays a bunch of lab geeks to sit around waiting to jump on every SIM card that could be a clue? Ha, not likely! If so they're not spending the public's money all that efficiently.

Maybe if there had actually been something of an investigation on the scene. But that's what this argument was about, there seems to have been none.

Why do you keep insisting they didn't do an investigation on scene? Did you see the line in the published report where it said "TOT SPD Major Crimes"... who do you think that is, Psychic Shawn Spencer? Evidence techs, detectives, etc. is my guess. I imagine they did a hell of a lot more than you'd even imagine on that scene, but they sure as hell aren't going to let everyone paw through their evidence before it even gets to court. Evidence rooms are locked down for a reason. In my department only three people can get into the evidence room... we don't even let our own officers in there! But you think all the evidence in the case should be public knowledge? Not gonna happen until it comes out in court. That's the way the system works.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us