The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/when-i-was-a-kid-i-never-took-anything-to-the-29936419.aspx

Subject:  Re: Black Friend Defends Zimmerman Date:  3/26/2012  3:19 PM
Author:  Colovion Number:  1762201 of 1977252

When I was a kid I never took anything to the beach or park that I didn't want stolen.

I still don't carry ID when I bike to the beach or when I go walking and jogging. Cellphone, yes, with the I.C.E. entires. Wallet, heck no.

I'm assuming he took money to the store, unless he simply stole the iced tea and skittles. Money generally equals wallet, wallet generally equals ID. So, where was the ID? Appears he didn't have one. I don't think it was because the family couldn't afford one (his mom reportedly took him skiing and on other trips) so why the lack of motivation to have an ID or the lack of responsibility to carry it? Suspicious... it's the subtle things that make you go "Hmmmm."

When I was 16 I couldn't wait to get my license, you couldn't find me anywhere without it. Ditto my learner's permit at 15. It simply not being there is perplexing. Not that it would have done a ton of good anyway, he lived 250-miles from where he was shot, but he wouldn't have been a John Doe at all if he had it on him and his father wouldn't have had to identify him from a morgue picture.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us