The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-can-see-that-should-this-ever-go-to-trial-it-29936874.aspx

Subject:  Re: Black Friend Defends Zimmerman Date:  3/26/2012  5:59 PM
Author:  Colovion Number:  1762280 of 1957919

I can see that should this ever go to trial, it will be very hard to get a conviction. One narrative will dominate. And that narrative willl be from the only person who survived this lethal encounter. Dunno. Very sad set of affairs.

One presumes this isn't the first person Zimmerman ever followed and/or confronted while on his watches. Every other time the person slunk away or otherwise didn't react strongly. Regularity breeds complacency, you become an automaton. Listen to his tone on the phone, sorta bored and frustrated. Something went very different, something Zimmerman wasn't expecting.

Now we learn that Trayvon was suspended not for truancy but for drugs. Huh. Seems Trayvon responded in a way that wasn't like him either that night. A picture is starting to form here. What makes sense? Was Zimmerman right when he suspected Trayvon was on something? It's possible. And if so the picture changes dramatically.

Zimmerman probably bit off more than he could chew, but perhaps so did Trayvon. It happens. Lots of mistakes were made, on both sides perhaps.

As I've said all along, we don't know what we don't know. We can only guess, but there are more possibilities now.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us