The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/for-the-same-reason-your-mom-told-you-to-wear-29937052.aspx

Subject:  Re: Black Friend Defends Zimmerman Date:  3/26/2012  7:39 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  1762325 of 1933163

For the same reason your mom told you to wear clean underwear... you could end up dead in a ditch and evoke a Jane Doe in the morgue for a week. With dirty underwear.

I'm serious about the ID thing and the morgue though. As this case shows it happens. I don't go outside to take out the garbage without my license on me. It's just common sense. I dunno, maybe some people were raised by wolves or something!

Just because people don't live like you/feel as paranoid as you, doesn't mean they were raised by wolves(!?). And no, Mom never told me to wear clean underwear in case I ended up in the hospital or morgue(!). She presumed I had enough sense/pride/desire for cleanliness to wear fresh undies daily...which I have for 62 years TYVM without ever being told to do so. Is this a conservative thing--you need lots of rules for living?

(Mom did tell me where to kick a guy who got fresh, but I was usually only too pleased to have a fresh date ;-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us