The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/some-drps-allow-for-ira-investments-others-dont-29948434.aspx

Subject:  Re: DRIP Date:  3/31/2012  3:09 PM
Author:  aisurffish Number:  70452 of 76421

Some DRPs allow for IRA investments others don't. Hold all my traditional DRPs outside of retirement plans, and began using Sharebuilder as a generic DRP.

Going to build one position at a time there. In my retirement portfolio have a in my 401k, Large Growth, Large Value, an S&P, In my Roth I have T Rowe Price New Horizon and Emerging Markets, so thought I might go with some individual stocks.

Have started with Pfizer, goal was to build it to 100 shares, then add another company researching both growth and dividend companies, but am thinking maybe 50 shares. Only up to 31 shares, but then, only started March 5.

Right now I am just letting my almost $7 quarterly dividend get reinvested. So, if I may expand on this thread, any opinions on 1) going for 50 shares versus 100 shares, 2) having sharebuilder reinvest the dividend, since as far as I could tell that would be at no cost to me 3)any "tips" on growth stocks. I have been looking at Heska (HSKA), but could be redundant since PFE has an animal health exposure, that it is contemplating a spinoff, and Sirius (SIRI) which has already had nice gains YTD. Dividend wise, have no telecom exposure and have been looking at Verizon (VZ) over AT&T (T).

Hope this isn't a hijack or out of bounds thing, but they just thoughts that occurred while responding.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us