The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/michael-you-would-be-a-prime-candidate-to-join-29958076.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fun 2B Retired and it's challenges Date:  4/5/2012  1:11 AM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  17651 of 19378

Michael, you would be a prime candidate to join SCORE as a mentor to someone who wishes to start a business. It would be mentally stimulating and you would be serving a great purpose.

I "retired" 10 years ago. Actually, I started working part-time through my corporation almost 10 years ago, allowing me more time to spend with friends and to travel. Since the real estate business is kinda-sorta still at a bust (I am a real estate paralegal for various attorneys), my business income has suffered greatly. However, with the weddings for which I officiate, various other notary duties, along with helping the attorneys with their escrow accounts and infrequent closings, I stay busy. At least, I now have time to travel if I wish.

The wonderful thing about having more time is visiting family members out of time and spending more time with friends.

Now, like Phil, if I could just take care of those dust bunnies.

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us