The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-dont-know-anything-about-taxes-you-should-29977182.aspx

Subject:  Re: Just for discussion and/or information Date:  4/14/2012  5:47 PM
Author:  lindytoes Number:  116016 of 120792

If you don't know anything about taxes, you should be listening to your tax guy, who you pay to advise you on taxes, not your investment guy, who you pay to advise you on investments about tax decisions. Since the investment guy told you there were tax implications, why didn't you pick up the phone and call the tax guy before taking action on what the investment guy was suggesting?
----------------------
I didn't have a tax guy when I took the investment advice in 2010. I used the free AARP service at the time and they don't have an office. But when I went to do my taxes the deed was done. AARP told me they couldn't do the form for this transfer/tax prep, and I didn't actually know I was going to pay so much in taxes until about a week or two ago. AARP also said something about liability, I think. I'm trying to look on the bright side. The tax guy said the last customer he had fell for the same advice and was paying a lot more in taxes than me. My piddly little bit of taxes and all the other piddly little bits from these conversions might help our country. It seems to me they need all the help they can get.

Sorry I wasted your time here. Obviously being stupid and gullible aren't for this board. I won't bother you again.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us