The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-at-the-point-where-that-is-on-the-menu-and-29980962.aspx

Subject:  Re: A closed CC question Date:  4/16/2012  9:21 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  305021 of 308882

I am at the point where that is on the menu, and am wondering if the length of account (5 years more than my next oldest) or the credit utilization impact (it is twice as large as my next biggest card) make this worth pursuing.

Presumably, since you are mentioning account age and utilization, you would like to get this card re-opened to improve your credit score? Have you checked your credit score lately? If not, you need to do so. If you have checked, is the score satisfactory to you? If so, then I think you are done - no need to re-open the account.

If your score is not satisfactory, are the acocunt age or credit utilization one of the top negative reasons given for your score being what it is? If so, then it might be helpful to get the account re-opened. If not, then you probably have some other issues that you need to work on, or let age off.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us