The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: IRS to put up new Iron Curtain? Date:  4/19/2012  10:05 PM
Author:  fleg9bo Number:  116090 of 127513

I am under the impression that my Canadian co-workers are filing both US and Canadian tax returns.

If they have income generated in Canada, e.g., a brokerage account, rental housing, bank account, etc., they are likely required to do so. Canadians living abroad and earning nothing in Canada don't have to file.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us