The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/now-my-guess-is-that-you-would-prefer-this-not-30015032.aspx

Subject:  Re: Animal House: MDP is Our Special Room Date:  5/2/2012  3:42 PM
Author:  oioiboy78 Number:  4897 of 5166

Now, my guess is that you would prefer this not be said, and I was not going to be so emphatic, but I do not like being told to keep my opinions to myself.

Never said anything of the sort. I said calling Ron Gross a small thinker was petty, you heard shut up. I cannot help that.

I think MDP is one of MF’s weakest services ever, as a general matter;

Per the information on fool.com:

MDP: +2.3% vs. S&P: +0.30% (beating by 2.00%)
GG: +7.96% vs. S&P: +13.83% (trailing by 5.87%)

The facts disagree with your opinion.

I think MDP – a portfolio service that deemphasizes investing in foreign stocks as an announced policy – is an absurd replacement for GG

MDP is not a replacement, it is a consolation. I think your suggestion of polling GG members new to MDP for suggestions to look at is a good one, but I would become highly critical of Ron Gross & MDP if he were to make a bunch of changes to the MDP as a reaction to GG's closing. It should not be the members who force action from the manager, he is the boss for a reason.

It is unfortunate that you have perceived my post as an attack. I believe I was simply trying to defend a leader I know & trust from what I felt was an unjustified attack. There are a lot of GG subscribers who haven't made up their minds on MDP yet. You posted a bear case, I countered with a bull case.

Cheers,
Jeremy
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us