The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-this-case-i-think-it-would-be-prudent-to-have-a-30033667.aspx

Subject:  Re: Customer Service, Yet Again Date:  5/11/2012  8:34 AM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34066 of 35339

in this case i think it would be prudent to have a little pathos for persisentone because you do not know all of the variables. yes the mantra of i want the cheapest possible commissions is something i hear all the time from retail folks. and there will always be that trade off you outlined between quality service vs. what you pay for a given trade. but the exact circumstances for every individual situation can be different and there are always exceptions.

for instance i know someone who has been in this game for nearly two decades. he has a 7 figure account and only one broker, IB. this allows him to maximize his equity/potential leverage. he has been paying under 100 basis point for his margin lending rate now for over 3 years. you can not even get that at the professional trading level or even prop. he has over 1000 individual corp bonds alone. so again here would be an exception to the rule.

i think the most important aspect of a board like this is we continue to share ideas and experiences. there is really no where to go on the internet and find quality message threads on individual bonds like here so hopefully folks will continue to share their experiences and down play the little conflicts; bad or good. i will not judge either way. i just want to make money.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us