The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Liquid Lounge

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-not-too-worried-about-indian-demand-the-30042663.aspx

Subject:  Re: Gold - Updated TA Date:  5/16/2012  1:52 AM
Author:  CM001 Number:  41070 of 41315

I am not too worried about Indian demand. The Indian Rupee has been depreciating against USD, that is keeping the gold prices high and the very high gold prices is slowing the demand. Any drop in prices will bring back demand.

Also, the wedding seasons are just over and summer is typically weak in terms of demand. Indian women are routinely "burned", I mean literally burned for lack of dowry and especially the amount of gold Jewels they bring in as dowry. With over 1 Billion + population, and over 50% young enough to get married, you are looking at 150 to 200 Million women getting married over next 10 years, you have a sustained demand from India.

I don't think Indian demand and the barbaric affection for gold is going to away anytime soon. What happens to Gold price is completely different but its going down because of Indian demand is bit stretch.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us